1. Hello there new member! Please remember to read the Terms of Use/Board Rules here before you do anything else.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I change my name?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by G4MR, Jun 7, 2016.

1. G4MR

G4MR New Member

Kind of annoying that it used my steam name directly and I wasn't aware that this would be my login name... how can I change my name and or can you fix my name to be just 'G4MR'?

2. Robsurgence

Robsurgence Benevolent Overlord
    Admin NGS Cohh-Founder NGS Producer NGS Designer

I just changed your user name here on the forum to G4MR. Sorry about that!

3. HeyYouTwo

HeyYouTwo New Member

I, myself, couldn't find a link to change my username as well. I wasn't aware it was the username that would be displayed in the forum. If there is a link or location, I wasn't able to find, thank you for providing. Either way , I was going to change it to HeyYouTwo.

Thank you for your assistance.

4. Rynea

Rynea The Evil Fairy

Changing the username on the forums is not part of its normal featureset. In other words once created you cannot change the nickname without the help of an Admin, pretty much the same as with accounts everywhere else.

While linking other accounts for logging into forums can also make it easier, it also often causes confusion with several aspects including usernames. Maybe Robsurgence can help with your username as well, in general I can only recommend - for all forums not just this one - to register a normal user without Steam/Twitch etc. and then later link the accounts for other places to it. This way you avoid problems like this, as I dont think this feature or plugin already includes a fix to set your own username at the time of creation.

Robsurgence likes this.
  5. Robsurgence

Robsurgence Benevolent Overlord
    Admin NGS Cohh-Founder NGS Producer NGS Designer

@HeyYouTwo I just changed your user name as well. Sorry about that!