1. Hello there new member! Please remember to read the Terms of Use/Board Rules here before you do anything else.
    Dismiss Notice

[Pic of the Week] Talia NPC

Discussion in 'World & Story' started by Robsurgence, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Robsurgence

Robsurgence Benevolent Overlord
    Admin NGS Cohh-Founder NGS Producer NGS Designer

NPC Pic Of The Week! Meet "Momma" Talia Tanner! One of the first notable people you meet in Sanderbrook, Talia owns and operates the Bargewright Inn, the only watering hole in town and a gathering place for hungry villagers and weary travelers alike. While she can come off as easygoing and even a bit of a flirt, those in town know that she’s got more grit than a pair of sandy trousers. With an ear to the ground on all the goings on of Sanderbrook, Talia lets you know what's what, from where to avoid/find the local thugs, who’s hiring for odd jobs, what’s got the sheriff so agitated, and even which shops have the best deals. She'll likely even rent you a nice room of your own, if you can deal with the low-down scoundrel currently squatting there. When it comes to local scuttlebutt, Talia’s your best friend.

Born and raised in Sanderbrook, Talia inherited the tavern from her mother, who inherited it from her mother before her. The Bargewright has existed, in one form or another, through generations, and the proprietors are always held in the highest esteem. In fact, it's common knowledge that everyone in Sanderbrook considers Talia an honorary village elder, although whether that's due to her connections or her famous ale is up in the air. With an open ear and a stein of beer, Talia is a good woman to have in your corner, particularly if you plan to take on the local thugs. One of the few people who will let her distaste of the Pack be known, Talia welcomes anyone who aims to put them in their place. Her collection of rumors, secrets, and whispers can be more valuable than any weapon, but piss her off and you’ll soon find her tongue just as sharp.

Our goal with NPC design is to avoid any of them seeming like one dimensional stock characters, but rather they should each be interesting with a depth of personality and backstory fitting their role in the narrative. We’re also curious, do you like it when seemingly one-off NPCs end up coming back or playing a larger part in the overall plot? And if you'd like to see some of the sketches and development that went into this concept, check out our NPCs album. Have a great week! :)

[​IMG]

Z0ner likes this.
  2. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

Thanks for the link to the NPC album, I had missed seeing a few of those during my time lurking.

Robsurgence likes this.
  3. Marc

Marc New Member

I have a cool idea. I think you guys should add werewolves. Yes, werewolves are in almost every sci-fi game but what about cybernetic werewolves? That sounds pretty cool if you ask me. I would love to see cybernetic werewolf npcs as allies or enemies.

4. Marc

Marc New Member

Whoops! I meant fantasy, not sci-fi.

5. LanDog

LanDog Keyboard Smasher
    NGS Dev

Hi! Pretty cool idea, however, I think we'll have some things to show you in the future that will fill that "role". We've got some pretty cool monsters in the works.