1. Hello there new member! Please remember to read the Terms of Use/Board Rules here before you do anything else.
    Dismiss Notice

The first fantasy or s-f book you have read.

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Pieszka, Jun 27, 2016.

1. Pieszka

Pieszka New Member
    NGS Ambassador

Well as the topic suggest what was your first fantasy or s-f book you have read?
    For me it was Baldur's Gate I. It was my first fantasy book I have red when I was 12 years old. It was my brother's book but he borrowed it to me when I went to cousin for winter vacations. And one day when the weather was really bad we just sit down and started to read our books. I do not remember what my cousin was reading, but wow reading Baldur's Gate for first time. It was amazing story for me back then. For person who had no idea what a fantasy or s-f genre books are about. And now 15 years later it is still my fav genre. All thanks to my big brother :)

2. Kaeam

Kaeam Charming Baric who Posts Replies
    NGS Ambassador

I think that the first fantasy book I read was The Lord of the Rings when I was 7 or 8 years old.

Invictus Wolf7 likes this.
  3. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

It was ether Dune or The Hobbit when I was somewhere along 10 or 11 I think.

Invictus Wolf7 likes this.
  4. Invictus Wolf7

Invictus Wolf7 Space Cowboy Pirate

I also read the Hobbit around the same age Deja Vu, then I read Lord of the Rings later on. Now I'm waiting on book 6 of the Game of Thrones series...sadly I don't think I'll ever see it.

5. Kaeam

Kaeam Charming Baric who Posts Replies
    NGS Ambassador

I hope that G.R.R. Martin won't alter his planned plot for A Song of Ice and Fire now that the Game of Thrones show has gone past the published material.

6. Invictus Wolf7

Invictus Wolf7 Space Cowboy Pirate

I feel the same way. With some of the things that went down during this current season, I would've much rather read them first. Don't worry gang, no spoilers here!! :)

7. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

Started reading the first book, but only got about halfway through it before life got crazy and now I need to pick it back up - was good. Never watched the TV series so can't comment.

LanDog and Invictus Wolf7 like this.