1. Hello there new member! Please remember to read the Terms of Use/Board Rules here before you do anything else.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the word on pets?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aree, Jan 10, 2017.

1. Aree

Aree New Member

Combat Pets, Summons or Companions. Non-human, beast. These are the things I first look for in a game.

Most are just cardboard cutouts. No real depth. Some actually work decently. I've found one game with a real in depth pet system. It's spoiled me for anything else.

Decent alone, your pet levels on it's own. Skills you can choose to level or focus on passives, not enough points to max everything making them unique. Then a class designed solely to use pets, turning Decent into outstanding.

What kind of pet system is here, if any?

2. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

I went ahead and checked with @Robsurgence on the topic of pets. Below is the official answer:

"We'd like to get pets in a later episode, but it likely won't happen for Ep.1"

Thanks for asking and it's great to see another person who really loves pets! What game made you love pets so much anyways?

3. Aree

Aree New Member

Rappelz

I tried keeping with it but 2 things stopped me.

Pet Sacrifice.

1 pet + 1 pet = T1 stronger pet with 80% chance of success.
    1 T1 pet + 1 T1 pet = T2 pet with 60% chance of success
    Up to a T5

The second was the recent merge of companies.

I was part of both, same login name. So they needed to have it merged. Needed a new email. I have one, and only one. Made a temporary email to fix it but to no avail. So start all over, losing all my pets and stuff, with a new system of butchery.

Nope.

4. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

Uhg that is sure a way to lose a fan/customer for certain. I hadn't heard of that MMO before, so thanks for sharing! For myself the only few games I can think of that I played and had pets was Torchlight (the 1st one is the only one I played) which the pet didn't do much and then PoE (playing right now) where so far the only pet to do anything is actually the floating skull.

Well then games like EQ2 have Beastlords, but I don't know if I'd call that a normal "pet" or more like companions that Rangers have in PoE.

5. Aree

Aree New Member

Trust me, none of the other pet systems come close. Give it a whirl, it may be dated but you too can be ruined for other pet systems. Like me! :D

Z0ner likes this.
  6. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

When I find some time I may have to check it out. Playing Pillars of Eternity right now when I have the time.

7. Aree

Aree New Member

Have you tried it out?

8. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

If only I had more game time. I'm still working through PoE...probably about 1/2 through Act III (I finished WM 1 and 2). I usually get 2-6 hours per week total gaming time right now.

9. Aree

Aree New Member

How about now?

10. Z0ner

Z0ner deja vu
    Moderator NGS Ambassador

Got PoE done a while ago and then played Stasis and now just started Cayne...mostly looking for a few quick games to play when I have time - been busy in my garden, working with my bees, and doing the Xamarin Challenge otherwise.

Anyone know how to create more time in the day? haha!